In 2020, the golden tiger’s images were first shared by Parveen Kaswan, an officer of the Indian Forest Service. These images were said to be the first such documentation of the cat in the 21st century.
According to the India Today report, the rare sight was captured on camera by a tourist from Bengaluru. In the video, wild buffaloes and deer can also be seen.
But Rabindra Sharma, a research official of the Kaziranga National Park quickly clarified that while it was a wonderful sight, the spotting of a golden tiger can actually be a cause of concern as excessive inbreeding could be the main reason behind its peculiar colour.
Here are some of the images from 2020 of the golden tiger.
- Two quakes rock Assam, Meghalaya
- Manipur nurses’ potential recognised by foreign countries: Dr Sapam Ranjan
- Tripura: Cabinet approves schemes for PwD; health & IT policy soon
- India, Nepal ties will benefit entire humanity in global situation: Modi
- BJP works to create divide, Cong to connect with all: Rahul Gandhi
- Army completes Court of Inquiry into killing of Nagaland civilians