Guwahati: In a bid to revive the education sector heavily impacted by COVID-19 and contribute towards overall development of students, Assam government will celebrate Gunotsav, 2022 from May 11 to June 4.
Under the initiative of the Department of Education, Assam and Axom Sarba Siksha Abhiyan Mission, this year, Gunotsav will be held in three phases and conducted in all 33 districts of the state.
All government/provincialised/ tea garden management schools at the elementary and secondary level will be covered.
A total of 42,50,224 students of 46,000 schools will participate in the programme.
Government machinery, including Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma, Ministers, MLAs, Chief Secretary to the GOA, Senior IAS, IPS and IFS officers of the state will visit schools as external evaluators for evaluation of the performance of children and schools.
- Anti-child marriage drive illegal, targeting Muslims: Akhil Gogoi
- More than one in two cancer patients experience long Covid: Study
- Chinese balloons have targeted several countries, including India: Report
- US officials visit Indian Navy base operating leased Predator drones
- Nobel laureate Prof Yunus to grace Bodoland International Festival
- Meghalaya 2023: Four injured in TMC-NPP clash in West Garo Hills