Tinsukia: Illegal, unauthorised constructions dot the map of Tinsukia, and the municipal board is well aware of the challenges it faces in its attempt to rid the town of such buildings. However, identifying the problem is one thing, but, as the authorities have found out, executing prompt, direct action is proving to be a different ball game altogether.
The Tinsukia Municipal Board demolished an illegal floor and other portions of a residential apartment in the heart of......
- Assam journalist wins Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award
- In a first, USTM to host VCs’ nat’l conference from March 23-25
- Assam CM distributes retirement benefit to Anganwadi workers
- Assam: State-run health sub-centre functions out of dilapidated house
- No chance of amending Nagaland Municipal Act: CM
- Assam: NDFB militant gets life term in 2014 Balapra village attack case