The Aam Aadmi Party opened its account in the Guwahati Municipal Corporation even as the BJP decimated the entire opposition, especially the Congress.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate Masuma Begum won from Ward Number 42, which comprises parts of Barsajai, Hatigaon, Notboma and Embankment Road.
The BJP-AGP alliance has together won 40 wards and looks set to win over 55 of the 60 seats.
The Congress party is yet to open its account.
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata