New Delhi: Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) will organise a two-day conclave on waterways in Assam next week.
The Waterways Conclave 2022 will be held in Dibrugarh on April 11 and 12.
Along with the aspirations of PM Gati Shakti National Masterplan, the conclave aims for speedy development of multi-modal projects in the northeastern region to energise the economic activities and augment employment generation, an official statement said on Friday.
There is a potential to upsurge in regional trade and investment through collaboration, it added.
Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari and Chief Minister of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma will address the conclave.
Also read | Assam: NHAI approves Rs 1674 crore for ‘East-West Corridor’
- Tezpur University organises legal awareness event on child marriage
- Get up to 8.20% returns: Benefits of investing in company FDs
- Arunachal: Candlelight vigil to pay respects to late constable Wangniam Bosai
- Assam Congress files Privilege Notice against CM Himanta
- East-West corridor: Balacherra-Harangajao deadline extended to Oct
- Mizoram: 72 per cent voter turnout in first LMC polls