The Kaziranga National Park authorities have invited Bollywood star Akshay Kumar to visit the ‘wild paradise’ that Kaziranga is. The invite was in appreciation of the actor’s generous contribution of Rs 1 crore to the National Park.
KNP authorities informed that Akshay Kumar’s generous donation towards wildlife conservation was used for the construction of high land, floating camps, anti-poaching camps, and the development of wetland in Kaziranga.
“Shri Akshay Kumar @akshaykumar
Your donation is used for construction of high land, floating camps, anti-poaching camps and development of wetland.
We cordially invite you to visit the wild paradise ‘Kaziranga’ @assamforest @ntca_india @mygovassam” the Assam national Park authorities wrote on Twitter.
In response to this, Akshay Kumar quote tweeted saying that the invitation made his day. Thanking KNP authorities, Kumar said that he will definitely plan a visit here soon.
It is noteworthy that in July of 2019, while Assam was reeling under incessant rains and devastation by floods, Kumar had donated Rs 1 Crore each to the CM’s Relief Fund and for the Kaziranga Park rescue.
The Bollywood actor had also appealed to others to come forward in support of the same.
- Missing Nagaland jawan found dead
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer
- Verify credentials of foreign employers: MEA advisory following fake job offers in Myanmar
- India, CARICOM nations agree to work on global issues including climate change