Nagaon (Assam): An education department officer in Assam was arrested by CID on Friday on charges of corruption, police said.
The state government employee in the block elementary education office of Batadrava was apprehended from his residence under the Dhing Police Station limits in Nagaon.
“The person was arrested by sleuths of Criminal Investigation Department and taken to Guwahati,” a senior officer of the police station said.
The education department officer was allegedly involved in corruption in his office, he added.
Assam: Over 100 vultures found dead, many critical
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur