Guwahati: The Assam Cabinet on Tuesday approved the state budget for the year 2022-23 which will be presented in the state legislative assembly on Wednesday by Finance Minister Ajanta Neog.
The meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, discussed the budget proposals in detail and approved its presentation in the house tomorrow, Health Minister Keshab Mahanta said while briefing the media here.
The Cabinet also decided that the state government would take the responsibility of coaches for preparing boxer Lovlina Borgohain and athlete Hima Das for the 2024 Olympics.
The state government will provide Rs 2.5 lakh per month for Lovlina’s coaching and Rs one lakh for Das, Mahanta said.
The Cabinet also decided to simplify the process of withdrawing money from the General Provident Fund by employees with the departmental head authorised to sanction the amount.
In another decision, the Cabinet approved that the caste certificate usually issued to tea tribes in the state by the Other Backward Castes (OBC) Board can henceforth be issued by the Tea Tribes Jatiya Sanmilan.
The certificate must, however, mention which particular tribe they belong to as according to the notification on tea tribes, there are 90 tribes like Munda, Ho, etc included in the list, the minister said.
- Navratri 2022: Greetings and wishes to share with friends and family
- National Dumpling Day: 5 types of dumplings you should definitely try
- Pakistan’s former fin min Dar to return, take charge next week
- World seeing India as inspirational place in space sector: ISRO chief
- Nature, life’s race among myriad Durga puja themes set to captivate minds
- Defence exports grew by 334 pc in last five years: Centre