Guwahati: An employee of the Office of Joint Director, Health Services, in Assam’s Sonitpur district was arrested on Tuesday by vigilance sleuths on the allegation of demanding bribe.
An Assam Police release said that a complaint was received by the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption against the dealing assistant of the office for providing a certificate in lieu of money.
The accused had also purportedly demanded bribe from many employees of the district under the administrative control of his office, the release said.
A trap was laid against him at Tezpur on Tuesday by the vigilance team and he was caught red-handed while accepting the bribe.
A case has been registered against him and he is being brought to Guwahati for interrogation, the release added.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for September 29
- Assam look to tame Gujarat for Lawn Bowls women’s Four semis berth
- CBI leads major crackdown against drug cartels; 127 cases registered, 175 arrested
- Mizoram: Tourism dept employee sacked over alleged misbehaviour
- ‘Semkhor’: Nagaland Dimasa body condemns wrong depiction of community in film
- ISRO scientist Anil Kumar elected VP of International Astronautical Federation