Guwahati: An employee of the Office of Joint Director, Health Services, in Assam’s Sonitpur district was arrested on Tuesday by vigilance sleuths on the allegation of demanding bribe.
An Assam Police release said that a complaint was received by the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption against the dealing assistant of the office for providing a certificate in lieu of money.
The accused had also purportedly demanded bribe from many employees of the district under the administrative control of his office, the release said.
A trap was laid against him at Tezpur on Tuesday by the vigilance team and he was caught red-handed while accepting the bribe.
A case has been registered against him and he is being brought to Guwahati for interrogation, the release added.
Also read | Assam man gets 20 years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor sister
- OIL launches airborne gravity gradiometry, magnetics survey
- Succession finale: HBO’s epic family drama comes to an end
- Arunachal: Hindi writer Jumsi Siram wins Lummer Dai Literary Award
- Can chronic pain be measured objectively using brain signals?
- Multi-cancer blood test shows promise of quicker diagnosis in UK
- BJP won just 46 out of 180 seats in 3 NE states in 2023: Manik Sarkar