Guwahati: Assam registered a decline in new COVID-19 positive cases for the sixth day on Sunday with 256 fresh infections raising the caseload to 7,21,380, a National Health Mission (NHM) bulletin said.
The number of coronavirus deaths during the day also came down to 12 from 16 on Saturday. A total of 6,561 people have succumbed to the disease so far.
The 256 new cases were detected from 10,691 sample tests done during the day, with the day’s positivity rate being 2.39 per cent.
The state had logged 446 fresh cases on Saturday from 21,152 sample tests.
Kamrup Metropolitan district, which primarily comprises Guwahati city, logged 112 new cases, three more than the previous day’s figure. Among other districts, Lakhimpur reported 16 fresh infections, Morigaon 13 and Darrang 11.
Altogether 2,471 people have recovered from coronavirus on Sunday, taking the total number of cured people to 7,05,118.
The number of active cases in the state is 8,354 now, down from 10,581 on Saturday.
The NHM said altogether 4,17,75,125 doses of vaccines have been administered so far, while 12,374 people were vaccinated on Sunday.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24