Guwahati: Ganja weighing 2,360 kg was seized from a truck in Assam’s Karimganj district near the interstate border with Tripura, police said.
Two persons were arrested in this connection, they said.
“In the one of the biggest recoveries of drugs, Churaibari WP staff has just recovered a massive consignment of 2,360 kgs of ganja in a truck coming from Tripura,” Karimganj Police tweeted.
An investigation has been started, it added.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma complimented the police for the drugs haul.
“Compliments to @assampolice for its continued efforts in eradicating the drug menace. Keep it up,” he tweeted.
Ganja weighing 256 kg was also seized from a truck in the area on Saturday night.
Suspected IED blast in Shillong’s Police Bazar, area cordoned off
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympic is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda to visit India from May 31 to June 3