Assam: Right mentorship to a budding artist at the right time could be the fine line between success and oblivion.
To tap into the talent pool that the state has to offer, veteran Bollywood actor Adil Hussain and his friend Kaushik Nath host Mongeet (Soul Song Festival) every year in January on the premises of “Dekachang”, a resort located in the heart of Majuli in Assam.
During this 3-day festival, multiple workshops are hosted by prominent artists from the field of music, art, and film.
Selected participants from different parts of Assam are mentored by eminent artists, musicians, and actors from across the country during these three days’ exchange of art and culture.
This year, notable musicians such as Angaraag Mahanta (Papon), Nikhil Paul George, Dhruva Jyoti Phukan, Rupam Bhuyan, Nilotpal Bora, Anurag Saikia, Tarali Sharma, actor and co-founder of ‘Mongeet’ Adil Hussain gave mentoring sessions to the participants.
Singer and songwriter Shankuraj Konwar, one of the music mentors at the festival, said, “Mongeet is truly a great platform to encourage budding artists to showcase and promote their creations in the fields of art, poetry, and music, to nurture and motivate young talents, to guide them with mentorship and provide platforms to exhibit original content.”
This year, a new concept called “Montulika”, a workshop on art and painting, was an add-on to Mongeet. Notable painters such as Noni Borpujari, Champak Barbora, Samiran Baruah, Nikhileshwar Baruah, Khanin Das, Madhusudan Das, Bhrigupati Hazarika were part of it.
- Assam: Panic in Hailakandi over massive soil erosion along Katakhal river
- Assam: Prime accused in Dibrugarh University ragging case surrenders
- Gujarat Assembly polls: PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 5 December, 2022
- Nagaland: AIFF working on to create players to represent India in World Cup, says Chaubey
- Why does lightning zigzag? Now there’s an answer to the mystery