Guwahati: Assam recorded the biggest single-day surge in COVID-19 infections as the state logged nearly 7,000 new cases on Monday.
As per National Health Mission (NHM), the state registered as many as 6,982 new COVID-19 cases out of the 64,919 samples tested. The positivity rate stands at 10.75%.
Among the new COVID cases, 1,491 have been detected from in and around Guwahati city.
As many as 11 persons have lost their lives due to the COVID-19 in Assam in the last 24 hours.
The COVID-19 recovery rate has dipped further to 95.18%.
- Int’l river conclave in Guwahati from May 28-29
- NRL contributes Rs 2.5 crore to Assam Chief Minister’s Relief Fund
- India logs 2,628 Covid cases in a day, 18 deaths
- Mizoram: Police recovers 468 smuggled exotic animals in Champhai
- Nagaland Board exam results to be declared on May 31
- Assam CM inaugurates model schools in tea gardens