Guwahati: Three persons, including two transport department employees of the Assam government, have been arrested in Nagaon district on corruption charges, an official release said.
The two government employees – a motor vehicle inspector and a peon- have also been suspended after their arrest on Tuesday, it said.
Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary ordered the suspension of the two employees with immediate effect and asked the commissioner of transport to inquire into the allegations against them.
The commissioner was directed to submit a report within 15 days, the release said on Wednesday.
Another person, who is not a government employee, was also apprehended on corruption charges, it added.
- This Assam author’s book teaches kids about race, size, gender inclusivity
- Lata Mangeshkar showing signs of improvement, in ICU
- 10 Myanmarese fishermen, floating in Andaman Sea for 10 days, rescued
- Climate, COVID, China: Takeaways from online Davos event
- ISL: Bottom-placed NEUFC looking to revive fortunes
- Assam’s Orang has more tigers than ever. And they’re straying into villages