Guwahati: Tokyo Olympics bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain has been appointed as a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) in Assam Police.
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma gave the appointment letter to Lovlina Borgohain at a function at the state secretariat (Janata Bhawan) on Wednesday.
Borgohain became only the third Indian boxer to finish on the Olympic podium, joining two of the biggest icons in Indian boxing — six-time world champion M C Mary Kom and Vijender Singh.
In September, Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had presented Olympic boxing bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain Rs 1 crore and offered the post of deputy SP in the state police at a felicitation programme in Guwahati.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips