Guwahati: The COVID-19 curfew will be relaxed by an hour on the night of Uruka, January 13, in Assam. The curfew will be in place from 11 PM to 4 AM. This decision will be in force only for the Uruka night and the corresponding morning.
Assam Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the decision was taken considering people returning to their homes during Uruka night as well going for early morning shopping during Bihu, especially for buying fish.
- What the Tonga volcanic eruption tells about global telecom system
- WHO counts 18 million virus cases last week as omicron slows
- Pfizer chief Albert Bourla wins $1 million Genesis Prize
- US, allies pledge unity on Russia; to do what isn’t as clear
- Al-Qaida’s links with Pak-based terror groups strengthening: India at UN
- Three of Tonga’s smaller islands badly damaged by tsunami