Guwahati: An alleged militant was killed in firing by a rival group in Lakhipur village near the Assam-Manipur border in Assam’s Cachar district, Director General of Asssam Police Bhaskarjyoti Mahanta said.
“One person got killed… and no body was injured. He was a former militant,” Mahanta said.
According to sources, the firing incident took place in Lakhipur assembly constituency near Assam Manipur border, when a person named David Rongmai, a suspected member of the Naga National Council, was killed. Sources said he was shot at by persons wearing black masks.
A similar incident of firing was reported in the Cachar district of Assam along the Manipur border on December 14 last year. One person was injured in the firing.
- Pakistan ‘not completely optimistic’ of Taliban govt in Kabul: NSA
- Changes in IAS rules will up scope for abuse of power by Centre: ex-civil servants
- Entire nation’s eyes on us: Tata Sons chairman to AI employees
- Assembly polls: Public meetings for first phase in UP from Friday
- Meghalaya CM breaks silence over attending R-Day celebrations
- Assam: Ex-Gorkha rebels surrender, hope for peace in border area