Guwahati: An alleged militant was killed in firing by a rival group in Lakhipur village near the Assam-Manipur border in Assam’s Cachar district, Director General of Asssam Police Bhaskarjyoti Mahanta said.
“One person got killed… and no body was injured. He was a former militant,” Mahanta said.
According to sources, the firing incident took place in Lakhipur assembly constituency near Assam Manipur border, when a person named David Rongmai, a suspected member of the Naga National Council, was killed. Sources said he was shot at by persons wearing black masks.
A similar incident of firing was reported in the Cachar district of Assam along the Manipur border on December 14 last year. One person was injured in the firing.
- Tripura 2023: 259 candidates remain in fray for Assembly polls
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President
- India, US keen to conclude USD 3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal