Guwahati: Want to visit the world-famous Kaziranga National Park (KNP)? Make sure you have double vaccination.
Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases during the peak tourist season, the park authorities said every tourist must have double vaccination. This will also apply to researchers working in and around the Kaziranga National Park.
P Sivakumar, Park Director, said any person entering the park premises should be fully vaccinated. All jeep safari operators have been instructed to check the vaccine status before taking any bookings.
Tourists must produce vaccination certificates before registering for the jeep safari, authorities said. Visitors should carry their certificates to prevent any risks.
Also, safari vehicles must be sanitised thoroughly after every trip.
The park has witnessed a good footfall for 2021-22 amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- US university’s trustees vote to include caste as protected category
- New Biden-supported law proposes startup visas to attract talent to US
- UN: More than 50 million people affected by urban conflicts
- Biden’s big test: Proving he can rally allies against Putin
- Bangladesh keen to work with India to realise shared vision: PM Hasina
- Severe consequences for Russia if it were to move into Ukraine: Biden