A jawan of the Assam Police, who went missing from his home on January 3 this year, is reported to have joined the underground militant outfit United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent).
Kaushik Gohain, an Assam Police battalion jawan, was resident of Jerai Gaon, Chabua, in Dibrugarh district – also the village of ULFA (I) Chief General Paresh Baruah.
Gohain was posted at the Makum police station, and highly placed sources told EastMojo that he reached the ULFA(I) camp in Myanmar on Saturday, after he went missing from home on January 3.
- Oppn parties seek Parliament debate, JPC on Adani stock rout
- Is terrorism returning to Pakistan?
- Developing countries need lots of money to fight climate change: Nigeria
- UK defends BBC independence, says investing ‘heavily’ in relationship with India
- Nagaland 2023: HC quashes village resolution on consensus candidate
- Arunachal: Late MLA Tashi’s wife files nomination for Lumla bypoll