A jawan of the Assam Police, who went missing from his home on January 3 this year, is reported to have joined the underground militant outfit United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent).
Kaushik Gohain, an Assam Police battalion jawan, was resident of Jerai Gaon, Chabua, in Dibrugarh district – also the village of ULFA (I) Chief General Paresh Baruah.
Gohain was posted at the Makum police station, and highly placed sources told EastMojo that he reached the ULFA(I) camp in Myanmar on Saturday, after he went missing from home on January 3.
- Muhurat, poster release of Assamese feature film ‘Gangs of a Family’
- Assam: Over 1 lakh ltrs of milk, products sold per day in Magh Bihu
- Cut off by volcano, Tongans relieved as contact restored
- PM, Jugnauth jointly launch India-assisted projects in Mauritius
- UAE envoy: Yemen’s Houthis used missiles in Abu Dhabi attack
- Israel inks multi-billion dollar submarine deal with Germany