Guwahati: Five alleged inter-state peddlers have been arrested here in two incidents for possessing drugs worth several crores of rupees, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Friday.
In a series of tweets, Sarma said that Guwahati Police, under the leadership of Joint Commissioner Partha Sarathi Mahanta, carried out multiple operations and arrested the culprits.
“@GuwahatiPol strikes again! In a major op, a special squad led by JCP Partha Mahanta intercepted a truck, and nabbed two members of an interstate drugs supply network. The squad has seized 70,000 World is Yours tablets. Well done. Keep it up,” he tweeted.
A senior officer of Guwhati Police told PTI that the tablets are valued at around Rs 1.5 crore in the international market.
“Continuing its ops @GuwahatiPol Spcl Squad led by JCP Partha Mahanta nabs 3 more interstate drugs dealers; one truck, one i20, cash, mobile phones seized. Total 5 interstate drugs dealers arrested. Drugs worth several crores seized in last 8 hrs. Well done,” he said in another Twitter post.
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group
- This is how they waste precious time of SC: Rijiju on those moving court on BBC documentary
- Sikkim: Nepalese word not in petition, says association on ‘immigrant row’
- Human activity degraded over a third of remaining Amazon forest: Study
- Assam: AIUDF chief challenges stereotyping of Muslims in state