Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and Health Minister Keshav Mahanta will meet at 7 pm today decide on a new SOP in light of the rising COVID-19 cases in the state.
There has been an increase in COVID-19 infections in the state in the last few days. Also, a decision could be taken on the attendance rate in the cinema halls and other large gatherings and functions.
There has been an increase in COVID-19 infections in Assam in the last few days. On Wednesday, Assam reported 591 new cases of COVID 19 with Kamrup metro district alone counting for 279 cases.
Despite a rise in infections there is no possibility of total lockdown in the state, the Assam CM said.
- Two stretches of NH-17 soon to be converted into 4-lane in Assam
- Exclusive: Thangkhiew was planning blast in Shillong, says Meghalaya CM
- More than 720 children, women rescued by RPF: Official
- ‘Tar’ review: Cate Blanchett’s stellar performance marks the highlight
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey
- Two from Manipur, one from Assam win Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2022