Guwahati: Two student groups of Cotton University clashed with each other on Wednesday night hours after the Cotton University Students’ Union (CUSU) election results were announced.
The fight broke out between boarders of two hostels, MNDP and SNDP, centering around the college election.
As per reports, two groups of students clashed with each other at the hostel premises where a feast was organized by the winning group to celebrate their victory.
Several students got injured in the brawl. University property was also vandalised.
According to students of the hostel, as many as 15 students got injured in the fight and one has been admitted at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) with serious injuries.
Earlier, in the elections held, Abhishek Mahanta of Satra Mukti Sangra Samiti (SMSS) won the General Secretary post of Cotton University Students Union Election by 356 votes. He received a total of 1359 votes.
Niyor Deka of ACP won the President’s post and Heena Dewri bagged the post of Vice President.
A total of 45 candidates contested the election for 16 posts.
- ‘Blue marble’: how half a century of climate change has altered Earth
- Limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees not plausible: Report
- Tripura 2023: 259 candidates remain in fray for Assembly polls
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations