Guwahati: Assam Police seized three trucks loaded with 87 cattle near the national highway which were heading to Meghalaya from Tezpur in Kamrup district.
According to the reports, the three trucks were intercepted based on the intelligence inputs about the movement of vehicles with illegally loaded cattle.
The occupants of the trucks have been detained for questioning.
In 2021, the Assam government passed the Cattle Protection Bill which is aimed at regulating slaughter, consumption and transportation of cattle in Assam.
- Meghalaya: Over 3,000 people to join Sohra intn’l half-marathon
- Could online abuse drive women out of political life?
- Assam workshop highlights DNA tech’s role in wildlife crime investigation
- Assam: Rice as a peace offering in India’s human-elephant conflict capital
- Nagaland: Three NSCN-K (Niki) cadres held with weapons cache
- Are sexual harassment victims ‘silenced’ at Tripura University?