Guwahati: Assam Police seized three trucks loaded with 87 cattle near the national highway which were heading to Meghalaya from Tezpur in Kamrup district.
According to the reports, the three trucks were intercepted based on the intelligence inputs about the movement of vehicles with illegally loaded cattle.
The occupants of the trucks have been detained for questioning.
In 2021, the Assam government passed the Cattle Protection Bill which is aimed at regulating slaughter, consumption and transportation of cattle in Assam.
- Professors of Practice: Varsities to hire experts as 10% faculty; degree, publications not mandatory
- From Canada to Europe, survey reveals the challenges facing women leaders
- No other country ‘practices terrorism’ like Pakistan does: EAM Jaishankar
- Swimming begins with butterfly specialist Astha Choudhury setting Games record
- Teenaged Antim wins 53kg wrestling gold, ‘earns’ Rs 500 for her effort
- IAF to formally induct indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter on Monday