Guwahati: An inquiry has been initiated following the death of a newborn infant at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital due to the alleged negligence of a doctor.
The inquiry was set up by the Office of GMCH Superintendent. The incident happened on February 3.
The allegations of negligence by on-duty doctors and staff have been formally levelled by one Salema Begum, 27.
An enquiry committee will now look into the matter and submit a detailed report within 48 hours.
- Limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees not plausible: Report
- Tripura 2023: 259 candidates remain in fray for Assembly polls
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President