Guwahati: An inquiry has been initiated following the death of a newborn infant at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital due to the alleged negligence of a doctor.
The inquiry was set up by the Office of GMCH Superintendent. The incident happened on February 3.
The allegations of negligence by on-duty doctors and staff have been formally levelled by one Salema Begum, 27.
An enquiry committee will now look into the matter and submit a detailed report within 48 hours.
- Son of ‘murdered’ NFR employee allegedly assaulted by cops
- Arunachal boy’s abduction: Indian Army seeks help from China’s PLA
- Manipur pre-poll violence: Grenade hurled at NPP supporter’s house
- In pictures: Lee Se-young’s ‘Clever & Clover’ gets to Vogue Korea cover
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition found in Paschim Medinipur
- Arunachal boy, 17, abducted by China’s PLA; Rahul slams PM