Guwahati: The police drive against drunken driving will continue on the Uruka (Bihu) night and those caught driving after being drunk will be penalised.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma told media that the same rules will be applicable on the night of Uruka and police will continue with its drive against drunk driving.
In the new year season, picnickers has also been warned by the police to maintain semblance and not to violate traffic rules.
Police will maintain strict monitoring in all the picnic spots of the state.
- Sonu Nigam, Chandraprakash Dwivedi ‘humbled, honoured’ to be awarded Padma Shri
- Two AFC staff could be infected with COVID-19: Dennerby
- US approves major arms sale to Egypt despite rights concerns
- Iranian president says nuke deal possible if sanctions lifted
- Tabla Maestro Anindya Chatterjee also refuses Padma award
- Railway suspends NTPC, Level 1 exams after protests