Security forces of IGAR (East) under Spear Corps, along with local police, said they launched an operation and recovered large quantity of explosives and stores three km south of Mawhre Village in Saiha district on December 31, 2021.
The recoveries include 81 kgs of liquid explosives, 94 kgs of Belox granular explosives, 395 kgs of Gelatin rods, 356 rounds of 12-gauge, 70 mm cartridges, 01 IED (Improvised Explosive device) mechanism, Lead-acid batteries, two Detonators and other stores including foreign origin communication equipment. The recoveries have been handed over to police for further legal proceedings.
Ongoing smuggling of weapons and war-like stores is a major cause of concern for the state of Mizoram, especially along the India-Myanmar Border, and the security forces are in relentless pursuit to ensure peace and harmony in the region.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group