Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has warned citizens of strict action if anyone violates traffic rules or indulges in drunken driving.
Sarma said the offenders may even be detained for the night if found driving under the influence of alcohol. After the CM’s announcement, 295 people have been booked and fined for drinking and driving till December 27.
EastMojo took to the streets of Guwahati ahead of the New Year celebrations to find out what system has been put in place to catch those found driving drunk or violating other traffic and curfew rules.
What repercussions will the offenders have to face? Watch this video to find out.
- Oppn parties seek Parliament debate, JPC on Adani stock rout
- Is terrorism returning to Pakistan?
- Developing countries need lots of money to fight climate change: Nigeria
- UK defends BBC independence, says investing ‘heavily’ in relationship with India
- Nagaland 2023: HC quashes village resolution on consensus candidate
- Arunachal: Late MLA Tashi’s wife files nomination for Lumla bypoll