Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has warned citizens of strict action if anyone violates traffic rules or indulges in drunken driving.
Sarma said the offenders may even be detained for the night if found driving under the influence of alcohol. After the CM’s announcement, 295 people have been booked and fined for drinking and driving till December 27.
EastMojo took to the streets of Guwahati ahead of the New Year celebrations to find out what system has been put in place to catch those found driving drunk or violating other traffic and curfew rules.
What repercussions will the offenders have to face? Watch this video to find out.
- Lata Mangeshkar showing signs of improvement, in ICU
- 10 Myanmarese fishermen, floating in Andaman Sea for 10 days, rescued
- Climate, COVID, China: Takeaways from online Davos event
- ISL: Bottom-placed NEUFC looking to revive fortunes
- Assam’s Orang has more tigers than ever. And they’re straying into villages
- Probe on in death of four Indians at US-Canada border, smuggling op