Tezpur, (Assam) Two home guards were on Wednesday awarded life imprisonment by a sessions court in Assam’s Sonitpur district in a murder case.
The Tezpur Sessions Court handed the sentence to Anjan Nath and Sailen Nath for the crime committed in 2013.
A penalty of Rs 10,000 each was also imposed on the duo by the court.
The home guards have been held guilty for the murder of a person in Niz-Bahaguri area of the district on September 27, 2013.
- Assam: RSS-affiliate JDSSM demands removal of Christians from ST list
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Joint Action Group calls for Sikkim Bandh on February 8
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA’s manifesto focuses on environment, LGBTQ+ rights
- ‘There was a knock on the door at 2 am’: Assam child bride recounts crackdown
- Dr. Bezbaruah 2: An outrageous crowd-pleaser that plays to charisma of its stars
- Arunachal: Age limit for civil service exams to now be 35