Guwahati: A 1st year Philosophy student of Dibrugarh University reportedly committed suicide inside her hostel room on Tuesday.
The incident happened in the Aideu Handique Girls Hostel of the university.
The deceased has been identified as one Ranjita Chetry, a boarder of Aideu Handique Girls Hostel.
Kaushal Barua, Sub Inspector of Rajabheta police station told East Mojo that the deceased girl, aged 21, was a student of 1st year of Philosophy at the university.
He added that she was a resident of Bihpuria town in the state’s Lakhimpur district.
The reason behind this extreme step has not been established yet, he added.
- Lankan PM says no shoot-on-sight orders given during violence
- Need to build nation capable of establishing peace, says PM Modi
- Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Anand’ to get a remake
- Nagaland issues directive to combat illegal check gates: See details here
- Universities should not become spaces for ideological conflict: HM Shah
- Modi to address BJP national office bearers’ meeting in Jaipur on May 20