Guwahati: A 1st year Philosophy student of Dibrugarh University reportedly committed suicide inside her hostel room on Tuesday.
The incident happened in the Aideu Handique Girls Hostel of the university.
The deceased has been identified as one Ranjita Chetry, a boarder of Aideu Handique Girls Hostel.
Kaushal Barua, Sub Inspector of Rajabheta police station told East Mojo that the deceased girl, aged 21, was a student of 1st year of Philosophy at the university.
He added that she was a resident of Bihpuria town in the state’s Lakhimpur district.
The reason behind this extreme step has not been established yet, he added.
Guwahati plans 100 houseboats on Deepor Beel, like Kashmir’s Dal Lake
- India to host Miss World pageant for the first time in 27 years
- What is organic food and how to identify organic products?
- India’s Samudrayaan project on track: Rijiju
- Heatwave conditions likely to continue for 3 more days in Bengal
- Nagaland: 16-yr-old Tenloi Phom secures silver in National school games
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident