Guwahati: In a tragic incident, a woman was run over by a train at the Jogighopa Railway Station in Assam’s Bongaigaon district on Monday when she accidentally fell on the tracks when the train was entering the station.
According to reports, the incident was reported early in the morning when the woman was waiting for a train at the Jogighopa Railway Station. The deceased woman was identified as Eliza Bauwa.
North East Frontier Railway officials were unavailable for their version of the incident.
- Assam: Theatre festival ‘Under the Sal Tree’ to begin from Dec 15
- Is tea good for health? Two cups a day could keep the doctor away
- SC mobile app 2.0 launched, law officers can view court proceedings real time
- Tripura ex-CM Biplab Deb demands ASI circle office to boost tourism in state
- Pak Rangers capture BSF jawan who crossed over IB inadvertently
- Manipur film archivist Johnson Rajkumar honoured in Mumbai