Five youths from Tinsukia have reportedly joined the United Liberation Front of Asom-Independent (ULFA-I).
They have been identified as Mintu Moran (22) and Palash Moran (22), from Tarani village in the Pengeri area of the Tinsukia district. Palash and Mintu are both married and have two children.
“My son went to Arunachal Pradesh to find work. After he left home, we tried to contact him but his phone was switched off. We informed the matter to the nearest police station. We think that they might have joined the ULFA (I),” Mintu Maran’s father said.
Bimananda Baruah (22) and Shyam Baruah (19) of Digboi’s West Mamarani village, and Montu Neog (21) from Makum Chilling Mati are three others who have reportedly not been in contact with their families since Wednesday. The three youths are also suspected to have joined the ULFA (I).
“If they are joining ULFA (I), it’s our request to Parash Baruah (ULFA (I) is to send them back,” said Palash Maran’s mother.
In addition, family members of other youths are also suspecting that their sons have joined the outfit and are requesting for them to be sent back home fearing for their lives.
Also read: Youth must be encouraged to pursue entrepreneurship: Assam Governor
- Chatbot revolution risks becoming a race of the reckless
- In Russia’s war on Ukraine, one of battlegrounds is language
- HM Amit Shah to visit Mizoram on April 1
- Manul, the ‘grumpiest cat,’ confirmed on the world’s highest mountain
- No starvation deaths reported by states/UTs: Govt
- What to make of origin report that links COVID virus to raccoon dogs
Its Moran not Maran
Moi jabo bisaru jai,i akhom…..
Leave a comment