Guwahati: Assam reported 180 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, 49 more than the previous day, pushing the tally to 6,19,168, the National Health Mission (NHM) bulletin said.
Four more persons lost their lives on Thursday, two more than the previous day, taking the COVID-19 death toll to 6,141.
The deaths were reported from Baksa, Barpeta, Cachar and Jorhat districts. The current death rate in the state is 0.99 per cent while 1,347 COVID-19 patients have died due to other causes, according to the bulletin.
Of the 180 new COVID-19 cases, Kamrup (Metro) reported 83 new cases followed by 21 in Udalguri, and nine each in Kamrup (Rural) and Golaghat.
The new cases were detected out of 31,105 samples tested, with a daily positivity rate of 0.58 per cent. The total number of samples tested so far is 2,62,23,690.
Assam on Wednesday had reported 131 new COVID-19 cases and two deaths.
The state currently has 1,099 active COVID-19 cases while 6,10,581 people have recovered from the disease so far, including 151 on Thursday. The COVID-19 recovery rate now is 98.61 per cent.
A total of 3,58,27,363 beneficiaries have been administered COVID-19 vaccine, with 2,16,36,110 people receiving the first dose and 1,41,91,253 the second dose.
IRF, Aaranyak provide utility vehicle to Orang National Park
- Assam CM thanks Modi, Shah for reducing areas in NE under AFSPA
- ISRO’s LVM3 successfully injects 36 satellites into intended orbits
- “Cheated” by lover, minor girl kills self in Assam’s Karimganj
- Congress begins day-long ‘Satyagraha’ across country
- Double Delight: Nitu, Saweety crowned world champions
- G20 delegates reach Arunachal, may visit Tawang today