Guwahati: In sync with the other parts of the nation, supporters of the farmers’ agitation in Guwahati today celebrated the victory of one-year-long agitation, which ultimately resulted in repealing the three farm laws by the ruling NDA government at the centre.
In a programme organised in front of the Rotary Club of Guwahati near Guwahati Club, Vijoo Krishnan, Joint Secretary of All India Kisan Sabha unfurled the organisation’s flag and distributed sweets among the members present in the celebratory function.
Krishnan explained to the assembled members of the organisation the importance of repeal of three controversial farm laws.
Notably, the day of farmers going back home from the agitation site, where they were camping for the last year is being celebrated as “Vijay Diwas” by various organisations supporting their cause.
The farmers received a formal letter from the centre agreeing to their pending demands on Thursday, following which, farmers at the Singhu border expressed their happiness and prepared to return to their homes after calling off their protest against the farm laws.
Farmers, who have been protesting against the three farm laws on different borders of Delhi since November 26 last year, announced on Wednesday that they are suspending their year-long agitation and would vacate the protest sites on December 11.
- Arunachal: 5G service launched in Itanagar
- Tripura 2023: Amit Shah to address two election rallies on Monday
- Manipur: Discover the hidden gems of ‘Land of Jewels’
- Meghalaya 2023: BJP’s Mariahom Kharkrang calls for public debate
- ‘The Elephant Whisperers’ shows how man, elephants can co-exist
- Assam: ASDMA, PWD to mitigate disasters under WB-funded project