Guwahati: As a New Year gift, Assam government has granted its employees four days’ leave in January to meet their parents or in-laws.
“The Government of Assam has allowed the State Government employees to avail Casual Leave on 6th and 7th January, 2022, suffixing the two holidays, the 8th and 9th January, 2022, being 2nd Saturday and Sunday, so as to enable them to spend the aforesaid days with their living parents and parents in-law. During the said period, ministers of the state government have also been given an opportunity to spend time with their parents/parents in-law,” an official statement said.
Employees whose parents or in-laws are not alive will not be entitled to this “special headquarters leave” from January 6-9, 2022.
The decision was taken in the last state cabinet headed by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Western Assam’s Bongaigaon.
Ministers, IAS and IPS officers posted in the state can also avail this leave but field workers, including police officers up to the rank of Superintendent of Police, cannot take this leave but can avail the same on a later date.
- Retired pope faulted over abuse cases when he was in Germany
- 19-year-old woman sets record for solo global flight
- Rohit, Pant and Ashwin feature in ICC’s ‘Test Team of Year’
- Arunachal Ratna announced for state’s 1st Lt Guv Late K A A Raja
- Pentagon releases first video of botched Kabul airstrike
- N. Korea slams US, hints at resuming nuclear, ICBM tests