Silchar: In a concerning development, four blood samples of the residents of the Barak Valley in Southern Assam who have been infected with COVID 19 virus have been sent for genome sequencing to find out whether they are carrying the Omicron virus. All four have returned to Assam from foreign trips recently and are infected with COVID 19.
Moreover, as many as four doctors at Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH) in Barak valley have also tested positive for COVID -19.
Dr. Bhaskar Gupta, vice-principal of SMCH said four blood samples have been sent for genome sequencing at National Institute of Biomedical Genomics at Kalyani in West Bengal.
Four persons with travel history to foreign countries have tested positive for the virus in the RT-PCR test at the SMCH. Three have returned from Saudi Arabia and one from Finland recently.
” Four persons having travel history to foreign countries have been tested COVID positive. Three of them belong to Karimganj and have travel history to Saudi Arabia and from Cachar has travel history to Finland. The persons from Karimganj have been isolated in their own district and the person from Cachar is admitted at SMCH. Their sample has been sent to National Institute of Biomedical Genomics for genome sequencing to rule out Omricorn,” a statement from Cachar Health Department said.
Four physicians tested positive for the virus.
“We are monitoring the health conditions of the infected physicians,” Dr Gupta said.
On Wednesday, three more doctors were infected with the Covid-19, he said.
According to SMCH authorities, a total of eight COVID-19 positive persons are undergoing treatment at the Assam hospital.
Omicron v. delta: Battle of coronavirus mutants is critical
- India exported military hardware worth Rs 15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- Many products are advertised as ‘paraben-free’: What is paraben?
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis