Haflong: In a bizarre incident, at least two persons were killed several others were seriously injured by Dimasa National Liberation Army (DNLA) cadres at their designated camp at Manigipur, Maibang in Dima Hasao district in Assam.
According to reports, six civilians were picked up from various parts of Dima Hasao and beaten up mercilessly at the camp by the DNLA resulting in death of two of them in the wee hours of Monday.
Meanwhile, police have arrested DNLA cadres involved in the incident after they launched a manhunt to trace out the kidnapped villagers.
“All the culprits belonged to DNLA who have been apprehended. They have confessed to their involvement in physical assault on civilians which left two dead,” Indraneel Barua, Additional Superintendent of Police of Dima Hasao District said.
The deceased were identified as Ramsen Langthasa (45), Bimal Guswami Guspati (23).
Notably, a month earlier, the DNLA Commander-in-Chief Mushrang and 46 cadres laid down arms in Dima Hasao to join the mainstream.
The DNLA operating in Dima Hasao and Karbi Anglong districts was formed in 2019. The group claimed that it is committed to revamping the national struggle and fight for the liberation for a sovereign and independent Dimasa Nation.
Reportedly, the group runs on the extortion and taxation model and was believed to have drawn its support from the NSCN(IM) of Nagaland.
- International aid reaches Tonga with clean water, supplies
- Omicron in community transmission stage, dominant in metros: INSACOG
- UAE bans private drones after deadly attack on Abu Dhabi
- True honour to Netaji would be to follow his ideology of inclusivity & secularism: family
- BJP eyeing 2/3rd majority in Manipur; Open to post-poll alliance: CM
- India’s economy has bright spots, a number of very dark stains: Raghuram Rajan