Guwahati: In yet another case of mob lynching in Assam, a 23-year-old youth was beaten to death in upper Assam’s Jorhat town on Monday afternoon. A video of a mob of around 50 people attacking AASU leader Animesh Bhuyan and journalist Mridusmanta Baruah has surfaced on social media.
The incident reportedly took place after a man was injured in a road accident.
The AASU leader, Animesh Bhuyan was a resident of Golaghat district’s Dergaon. The two people injured are Mridusmanta Baruah, a journalist with a private television channel and Pranay Datta, a local AASU leader.
Four people have been arrested in connection with the lynching incident for killing Animesh Bhuyan, and the video footage is being used to identify the culprits involved in the mob attack.
More details are awaited.
- India’s dream of ‘techade’ will be fulfilled by innovators, their patents: PM
- UNSC does not reflect today’s realities, is paralysed: UNGA chief
- Indus Water Treaty a technical matter, both countries will talk to each other: Jaishankar
- US venture capitalists hope India’s Budget 2023 strengthens startup ecosystem
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row