Assam police arrested two persons in connection with an alleged land grabbing case in Lumding in Hojai district in Assam on Wednesday.
The arrested persons have been identified as Manoj Sarma and Taibur Rahman. Both are state forest department officials.
According to a local police source, the accused officials were involved with land dealers for allegedly settling encroachers in the Lumding reserve forest in Hojai district.
A case (224/21) has already been registered at Lumding police station on November 8 against settling people on the reserve forest land.
So far, 12 persons have been arrested in this case of which 4 are officials of the forest department.
- NKorea’s nuclear program is funded by stolen cryptocurrency. Could it collapse?
- Youth are growth engine of India: Union minister Anurag Thakur
- Protests in China are not rare, but the current unrest is significant
- Ready for war with India if attacked: Pak’s new Army chief Munir
- Mon massacre: Nagas from Nagaland, Manipur observe black day
- Centre to convene all-party meet to finalise strategies for 2023 G-20 summit