Guwahati: An Assam government officer was arrested here on Tuesday while allegedly accepting a bribe, an official statement said.
The accused, a deputy director of the Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Department, had allegedly sought a bribe from a person to issue transit permit for bringing three cows to his farm in Kokrajhar from Alipurduar in West Bengal.
The person approached the Kokrajhar Police and accordingly, a joint trap team was constituted along with the vigilance cell.
A trap was laid and the accused, who is posted in Guwahati, was apprehended red-handed while allegedly accepting the bribe of Rs 20,000, the statement said.
A case has been registered in the Kokrajhar police station under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, it added.
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets
- Acts of terrorism under control in Assam: DGP-designate
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA Motha to contest 42 seats; Pradyot opts out
- PM Modi pays tributes to Mahatma Gandhi on death anniversary
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 January, 2023