Guwahati: A case of murder has been reported from Lakhimi Nagar locality in Guwahati’s Hatigaon road. The deceased has been identified as one Milin Chetri.
Chetri was reported to be missing since November 18.
The 55-year-old deceased was employed by one Md Ataur Rahman as a caretaker at his residence. Chetri is survived by wife, son, daughter and mother-in-law.
Although his accommodation was locked from outside on Monday evening, local residents had spotted Chetri’s body from the window. The police were informed after that.
Police said the body bore several injury marks, and have launched an investigation into the case.
Also read: Assam forest officers, Arunachal villagers exchange fire at Ranga Reserve Forest
- Meghalaya CM: Schools don’t want responsibility of running govt buses
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM