GUWAHATI: Assam’s fisheries department has bagged three awards from the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
The Best Farmer – Hilly and North Eastern State – has been awarded to Anup Kumar Sarmah. The award carries a certificate, financial incentive of Rs 2 lakh, a shawl and a memento.
Kalong-Kapili Cooperative Society Limited, Kamrup (Metro) has been adjudged the Best Fisheries Cooperative Society. The award carries a certificate, financial incentive of Rs.2 lakh, a shawl and a memento.
Bongaigaon district has been awarded the Best Hilly and North Eastern District. The award carries a certificate, financial incentive of Rs 3 lakh, a shawl and a memento.
The awards will be presented at a function to be held at the Convention Centre, Odisha Secretariat, Bhubaneswar on Sunday coinciding with the World Fisheries Day. Union minister for fisheries, animal husbandry and dairying, Parshottam Rupala, Union ministers of state for fisheries, animal husbandry and dairying, Dr L Murugan and Dr Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, secretary, fisheries, Jatindra Nath Swain and other dignitaries will attend the award giving ceremony.
Meanwhile, Assam minister for fisheries, environment and forest and excise, Parimal Suklabaidya congratulated the winners and fhe Fisheries officials of Bongaigaon district for bagging the prestigious awards.
- Army jawan killed in Nagaland violence identified
- CM demands removal of AFSPA at mass funeral for civilians killed in Mon
- Nagaland firing: Police file murder case against security forces
- LS members express anguish over Nagaland firing incident, demand probe
- TMC delegation calls off visit to Nagaland’s Mon
- Nagaland Lottery December 6: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result