Haflong, Nov 9 (PTI) A forest department personnel died during a service fitness walk in Assam’s Dima Hasao district on Tuesday, an official said.
The deceased has been identified as Bijesh Thaosen (37) who was posted as Forester-1 in Haflong.
The walk was the second part of a three-phased fitness programme for the frontline forest staff, the official said.
During Tuesday’s exercise, the forest personnel had to walk a distance of seven kilometres within two hours and Thaosen collapsed after barely covering 100 metres, the official said.
Paramedics and ambulance were there at the spot during the fitness walk. Thaosen was immediately attended to and taken to Haflong Civil Hospital, where the doctors declared him brought dead, he said.
Doctors suspect Thaosen might have died of cardiac arrest, though the actual cause of his death will be known only after post-mortem, the official said.
- Want to improve my senior ranking, qualify for Olympics: Tasnim Mir
- Cold day conditions likely in parts of national capital
- New Songs Sunday: Check out these songs by Katy Perry, Alesso and Sean Paul!
- GAIL director arrested by CBI in bribery case
- West Bengal govt assesses crop damage due to unseasonal rain
- Arunachal reports 266 new COVID-19 cases, positivity rate 23%