Shillong: Assam Rifles (AR) Director General Lt Gen PC Nair has urged all commanders of the force to be ever vigilant in their area of operations, given the “volatile environment” along the country’s borders, an official said here on Saturday.
The paramilitary force guards India’s border with Myanmar, where a military coup has led to civil unrest, with many people fleeing the neighbouring country and entering the northeast.
Chairing a conference here on Friday, Lt Gen Nair asked his officers to ensure peace under all circumstances, the AR spokesperson said in a statement.
Assam Rifles has always identified itself with the populace of North East and worked for their security and well being, Lt Gen Nair said.
The director general complimented the formation and unit commanders for the work they undertake, while also exhorting them to be “ever vigilant in view of the volatile and dynamic environment”, the statement said.
“The emphasis of the conference was on drawing lessons from past experience in various fields and improving upon these aspects for better efficiency of the force,” the statement added.
- Manipur: Assam Rifles recovers cache of weapons in Churachandpur
- Arunachal: 526 kg of marijuana seized, one woman arrested
- Drug addiction affects society as a whole: Meghalaya DyCM
- Will Gorkhaland Territorial polls in Darjeeling usher in a new era?
- Use mapping to identify vulnerable areas in Silchar, suggests expert
- Manipur: 2 journalists arrested for alleged connection with insurgents