Guwahati: The Assam State Disaster Management Authority issued fresh directives for containment of COVID-19 for both rural and urban areas across the state after reviewing overall COVID scenario of the state.
Issuing the new set of guidelines, Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua said 31 per cent of the eligible population of the state have been fully vaccinated, while 95 per cent got their first dose.
Presently the new cases are hovering between 300 and 400, mostly reported from the urban and peri-urban areas and most of the districts have reported less than 10 cases per day in the last 4-5 weeks, informed ASDMA vide its latest order.
Here are a list of restrictions and relaxations allowed by the government in Assam until further orders to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches more than 10 cases in the last seven days, the jurisdictional District Magistrate will notify such areas as total containment zones in consultation with MD, NHM and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
However, in such zones, emergency services will continue round the clock and essential services including shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, etc. will remain open upto usual time of closure but not beyond 10 PM.
Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce in such areas will continue round the clock.
- The curfew time has been pushed to 11 pm and will remain in force till 5 AM.
- Workplaces and commercial establishments will remain open till 10 PM.
- Government and Private Offices will remain open till 10 PM.
- Shops dealing in groceries, fruits, vegetables, dairy and milk booths, fodder will remain open till 10 PM.
- Dine in restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries will be allowed to remain open till 10 PM up to 50 per cent of seating capacity. Takeaway of food items will be allowed upto 10 PM.
- Sale counters, showrooms, cold storages and warehouses will also be allowed to remain open till 10 PM.
Other restrictions and relaxations
- All Government servants (including contractual and fixed pay) who have taken at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine shall attend office. However, all other employees except those in whose case vaccination is contra-indicated as per guidelines issued by the Health Department of Government of Assam and /or such t claim is certified by a registered medical practitioner will have to get themselves vaccinated and attend office.
- Employees engaged in emergency / essential services shall attend their duty without any restrictions at any place. The organizations (Government / Private) rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work will continue working without any restrictions in all districts.
- Pregnant women employees and women employees with children of 3 years or below working under any Government/PSU /Financial Institutions /Private Organizations irrespective of their grade shall be eligible to work from home
- Persons with disabilities (PwDs) working in any Government/PSU/ Financial Institutions/Private organizations shall be allowed to attend duties.
Public Transport (Government and private)
- Goods transport shall continue unhindered and all Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate for passengers with 100 per cent seating capacity and observance of COVID-19 appropriate behavior for passengers having at least a single dose of vaccine.
- Pillion riding on motorcycles may be allowed with at least single vaccinated persons and with compulsory wearing of masks.
- Intra-district transport, with 100% seating capacity subject to observance of COVID19 appropriate behaviour, shall be allowed for passengers having at least single dose of vaccine. No standing passenger shall be allowed.
- Heavy fine will be imposed on such passengers and driving license of the driver/ registration of the vehicle will also be cancelled in the event of carrying standing passengers.
- All inter-district passenger transport and movement shall be allowed with 100% passengers having at least single dose of vaccine subject to observance of COVID 19 appropriate behaviour.
- No standing passenger shall be allowed. Heavy fine will be imposed on such passengers and driving license of the driver/ registration of the vehicle will also be cancelled in the event of carrying standing passengers.
- Wearing of face mask is mandatory even for a single person driving a vehicle. In case of persons traveling in any private car, up to 100 % of its seating capacity. Wearing of face mask is mandatory for all the persons.
Educational Institutions (Government and Private)
- Schools and other educational institutions will continue as per the previous order issued by the Education department of the state on September 28, 2021.
- In case of open spaces, the limit of gatherings will depend on the COVID19 situation in the district.
- In case of closed gatherings, fifty per cent of the total seating capacity will be allowed.
- Marriages and Religious functions will be allowed with not more than 50 single vaccinated persons.
- Up to 60 fully vaccinated persons will be allowed inside of iconic religious places and only 40 fully vaccinated persons will be allowed entry in other places of worship.
- Not more than 50 persons will be allowed at funeral and last rites in burial grounds and cremation sites.
- Cinema Theatres will be allowed to operate with 50 per cent of the seating capacity with fully vaccinated viewers, following COVID19 appropriate behaviour.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Shop owners shall ensure minimum six feet distance among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons inside the shop. In addition, shop owners should compulsorily keep sanitizers and hand wash in their shops.
- Shopkeepers and customers shall have to wear masks and maintain social distancing. Responsibility of maintenance of social distancing will be on the shop owner and failure to do so will be viewed very seriously and may entail summary closure of defaulting shops.
- Industrial units and Tea gardens may function subject to observance of COVID appropriate behaviour. Head of the unit/tea garden shall be responsible for ensuring social distancing, mask wearing by workers and staff, sanitization of industrial premises, thermal scanning etc.
- Excise authority will continue taking strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts as a COVID19 containment measure.
- All vehicles will be allowed to ply without any odd-even restrictions.
- Govt blocks 232 foreign apps, including Chinese for gambling, money laundering
- ChatGPT is great. You’re just using it wrong
- British PM Rishi Sunak joined UK-India NSA meeting
- Govt hikes windfall tax on crude oil, export of diesel, ATF
- India ranks third in world ‘start-up’ ecosystem: Union minister
- Asia Cup likely to be moved out of Pakistan, venue to be finalised in March