Tinsukia: A 20-year-old youth has been arrested on charges of alleged rape after his ‘girlfriend’s’ naked photographs went viral in Assam’s Dibrugarh district. The accused has been identified as Aryon Das, a resident under the Barbaruah police station.
Talking to this correspondent, officer in charge of Barbaruah police station Manuj Boruah said a 20-year-old college student lodged a complaint with the police on October 21, stating that the accused had raped him a few months ago, and has made her naked pictures viral.
“Based on the complaint, we registered a case under section 376(2)(f)/504/506/34 of the Indian Penal Code R/W section 66(E)/67/67(A) 67 of the IT Act and arrested the accused from his residence on Monday evening,” he added.
During interrogation, the accused revealed that they were in a relationship. “Their physical relationship was with mutual consent, and somebody stole her photo from his mobile,” Boruah said, “How and who leaked the photograph from his mobile phone and made it viral is something under investigation.”
Boruah said they are yet to recover the accused’s mobile phone, which he claims his father threw in a pond, and are looking for two more persons in this connection.
- India most favoured destination globally for investments: Vice President Dhankhar
- Meghalaya to set up border posts at sensitive areas: CM Conrad
- Two Indian students drown in US lake
- Nagaland Lottery November 28: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result
- Three Meghalaya MLAs submit resignation to speaker
- Teacher recruitment scam: BJP stages walkout from WB assembly