Guwahati: An adult female elephant died due to electrocution in Golaghat district of Assam on Sunday, a state government official said.
The incident took place around 4 am, and signs of burns owing to electrocution were visible, he said.
A forest official said an electric post of 11 KV line was found tilted in Dholagaon Pathar near the carcass of the elephant, aged around 18 years, according to a government release.
A post-mortem examination has been conducted, it added.
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA