Raijor Dal president and Sivasagar MLA Akhil Gogoi on Friday alleged that BJP workers attacked his party’s workers.
Gogoi also mentioned the involvement of Takam Mising Porin Kebang (All Mising Students’ Union) in the attacks. The MLA was campaigning in Thowra for his party’s candidate Dhaijya Konwar for the upcoming Assam by-polls when he made the allegations.
“It is surprising that in a huge place like Thowra, the BJP workers have started attacking Raijor Dal workers. Especially in the Mising areas, TMPK members have been attacking Raijor Dal workers. Yesterday, one of our vehicles was also vandalised.
For the last 5 days, I have been informing Assam’s Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Dr Ranoj Pegu, TMPK General Secretary Tilak Doley and Pijush Hazarika that there have been repeated instances of physical violence on Raijor Dal’s workers,” Gogoi said.
Gogoi said he was confident that the people of Thowra constituency will vote for his party’s candidate in the upcoming by-election on October 30 and defeat BJP’s Sushanta Borgohain.
The Thowra seat fell vacant when the two-time former Congress MLA, Sushanta Borgohain, tendered his resignation from the Congress and switched sides to the BJP.
- Sikkim: 2 trampled to death by SUV taxi on Gangtok’s MG Marg
- Severe Covid survivors may have high death risk within 12 months
- Manipur: Insurgent hideout busted in Kangpokpi, arms seized
- Increased pregnancy, birth-related complications linked to COVID
- Book seeks to decode enigma around goddess Kamakhya
- Omicron variant may have reached Europe earlier than thought