Tinsukia: Dibrugarh Police has arrested three Assam Rifles personnel and a civilian from National Highway 37 near Jokai in connection with a drug trafficking case. Police said they were travelling in a car from Dimapur to Tinsukia.
The arrest led to the recovery of 269 grams of heroin having a value of around Rs 1 crore in international market.
Talking to EastMojo, Dibrugarh superintendent of police Shwetank Mishra said, based on a specific input, a police team set up a checking barricade and intercepted a car heading towards Tinsukia. They detained three Assam Rifles jawans and a civilian on Thursday night.
“During their interrogation, they revealed that there was heroin hidden in a vehicle (bearing registration number NL 11 2673) and kept at a location at Dergaon in Golaghat district. A team of police swung into action and located the said vehicle and recovered heroin worth Rs 1 crore,” the SP Mishra.
The Dibrugarh SP said the three arrested jawans have been identified as Ranjit Kumar Singha of 23 Assam Rifles, Binay Kumar of 16 Assam Rifles and Junush Khan of 7 Assam Rifles, while the civilian has been identified as one Pezslhoulie Rupreo.
“The contraband substance worth about ₹ 1 crore was to be delivered to a dealer in Tinsukia,” Mishra said.
According to sources, police have registered a case under section 22(c)/27A/29 of the NDPS Act.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for December 2
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for December 2
- Cow Science: 34 proposals recommended for financial support
- Bengal logs 12 more COVID-19 deaths, 668 fresh cases
- Serum Institute seeks approval for Covishield as booster dose
- Don’t miss this ‘BTS-Squid Game’ crossover!