Guwahati: The Congress on Thursday staged a state-wide protest in Assam accusing the BJP-led government of failing to check the rise in prices of fuel and other essential commodities.
Assam Pradesh Congress Committee leaders and workers, carrying banners and placards and shouting slogans, staged demonstrations across the state barring Tamulpur, Mariani, Thowra, Gossaigaon and Bhabanipur constituencies where by-elections will be held on October 30.
The party members denounced the BJP for allegedly failing to keep its poll promise of checking the rise of prices of petrol, diesel, LPG cylinders and other essential commodities.
- New tourism policy to cater to post-COVID visitors: Ministry
- Can AI help in stopping the spread of fake news? May be not
- WHO eyes pandemic preparation as new variant emerges
- ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ gets India release date ahead of US
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal