Guwahati: Assam on Wednesday reported 308 fresh COVID-19 cases, pushing the tally to 6,07,427, according to the bulletin of the National Health Mission.
The Covid-19 death toll rose to 5,958 as one more person succumbed to the disease in Jorhat district, it said.
The new cases were reported from Kamrup Metro (109), Sonitpur (24), Barpeta and Lakhimpur (22 cases each).
The 308 new cases were detected out of 39,654 tests conducted on Wednesday, while the cumulative tests conducted in the state so far is 2,42,82,029.
Assam currently has 2,263 active COVID-19 cases.
A total of 5,97,859 people have recovered from COVID-19 so far, including 282 patients on Wednesday.
The COVID-19 recovery rate now is 98.42 per cent.
The cumulative total beneficiaries vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine in the state so far is 2,66,04,877, which include 1,97,90,604 receiving the first dose and 68,14,273 both doses.
- Study of half a million soccer fans shows how group identity shapes behaviour
- Need for int’l cooperation to achieve universal access to clean energy: Pralhad Joshi
- What you need to know before taking vitamins and supplements
- Govt blocks 232 foreign apps, including Chinese for gambling, money laundering
- ChatGPT is great. You’re just using it wrong
- British PM Rishi Sunak joined UK-India NSA meeting